Ειδικότητα στην Μεγάλη Βρετανία

1. You aim for CT1 (ie training ) straight from a g r o t i k o... I think this is quite difficult to almost impossible. 

2. I have written in here several times that regardless of where you are in your training in Greece - if you want to train in UK (ie training number) you need to start from either F1 (for few months - up to a year) or maximum FY2. 

(that is for surgical specialties where all are competitive and not peds / psych / GP where they have such huge gaps that are willing to recruit to any level straight from outside UK in training numbers)

3. A clinical attachment is something that you will add in your application - but probably wont score you much. 

My view is that if you are qualified doctor you dont need wasting your time in a attachement where you will be just observing. You need to start from low - and aim for the stars. Plastics is extremely competitive. 

I would only recommend a attachement if you are genuinely not sure whether you come or not in UK and want to see how it is. But then my answer would be dont bother to come cause if you have doubts it very difficult to show the resilience to carry on until you get a NTN (and that is natural human behaviour). 

Good luck!

As far GMC registration - maybe email GMC or the hospital you plan to go to. I suspect you have to but I am not sure. 

Τροποποιήθηκε από Alexandros Boukas
Μοιράσου σε άλλους δικτυακούς τόπους

Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ! Και γι αυτήν την απάντηση και για όλες τις πληροφοριες που εχεις δωσει κατά καιρούς στο θέμα!

καλημέρα σας παιδιά ,χρόνια πολλά και καλά χριστουγεννα ευχομαι σε όλους σας!υγεία αγάπη και ό,τι μα ό,τι άλλο θέλετε.

εχω διαβάσει όλα τα ποστς του συγκεκριμένου θέματος και θα ηθελα κι εγω -αν μπορει να με βοηθησει κάποιος- να πω τη δικη μου απορία.

για την ώρα ειμαι αγροτικος και παλεύω με το ielts για να μπω στο gmc ετσι ωστε να μπορέσω να κανω ένα fy2 στην αγγλία.

η κύρια ειδικοτητα που με ενδιαφέρει όμως ειναι η δερματολογία και μετα η ψυχιατρική.

υπάρχει κάποια ελπίδα πάνω σε αυτες που ψάχνω ή όχι;

βεβαια προέχει το να περάσω το ielts πρωτα( το οποίο μου έχει βγάλει την πίστη δε σας κρύβω) και μετα να ψάξω πιο αναλυτικά καθώς όπως και να εχουν τα πραγματα να ειδικευθω και να δουλεψω στο ηνωμένο βασιλειο.

σας ευχαριστω πολυ για όλες τις πληροφορίες που εχετε παραθεσει σε αυτο το topic όλοι σας  καθως βοηθουν πραγματικά.

χρονια πολλά λοιπον και να περνάτε όλοι καλα εύχομαι.

Τροποποιήθηκε από featured

αν επιπλέον εχει κάποιος καποια καλη συμβουλη για οποιοδηποτε καλο νοσοκομειο για να κάνω κάποιο observership και πού να ψάξω γενικότερα θα το εκτιμούσα ιδιαιτερα.

dermatology is quite difficult to get into as far as i know - I know a British doctor who left UK for NZ as there have been rumours that it will change completely as a specialty and will be incorporated in a way in GP surgeries. So  she completely freaked out and left UK. Thats as fas as I know for Dermatology. 

sych is as discussed before very easy to get into as there are huge gaps in the service. There are psych doctors in here who may give more information. 

Merry Christmas! emnewyear

• 4 weeks later...

I did a placement as an undegrad aiming to gain an insight of the system; the truth is that as an observer you approach the system superficially and only witness how physicians interact with pts, teams etc Sometimes this can be enough to make a career decision though...But be prepared that you should not expect a deeper appreciation of the NHS if you are not exposed as employee with responsibilities towards patients, famillies and colleagues. 

Sometimes it sounds unrealistic to decide from a different country whether you need to plunge to this strenuous but honestly rewarding pathway. However, my feeling is that most colleagues in this thread have already decided if they wish to fill αναμονή gaps or embark and complete full training in the uk!

For those who wish to get trained here it s best to start as an FY1 at least for couple of months and then complete an year of FY2/ clinical fellow. I would definitely recommend  LAT F2 specifically, as your training is safeguarded by the deanerie and you know in advance what aims you need to complete to get your competencies signed off.

if you have worked in Greece and still wish to do training here then I would suggest start from clinical fellow posts and then get you foundation competencies signed off (preferably by an English consultant).

Hopefully, all the above will make you successful to a CT interview - it will always depend on the specialty and the training level you wish t enter. Direct transition from overseas to ST3 is alsost impossible (if not hypomaniac plan)

PS : what constitutes competitive is fairly reflected on how inadequate one's preparation has been. I will agree with Alexandros Boukas on the basis that you need to start from the bottom and drive youself to the top. I am sorry but there is no room for the greek mentality of rushing things to finish specialty. Each year should form a necessary step that will built you with knowledge, skills and resilience to tackle future challenges that come across and eventually succeed. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Is it time to revive the greekmeds in UK social events? 

Καλησπέρα, θα ήθελα κάποιες πληροφορίες για ειδικοτητα general practice, απ'όσο κοίταξα στο topic δεν έχει ξανασυζητηθεί το θέμα..πέρα από τρόπο και χρόνο εκπαίδευσης, θα ήθελα επιπλέον να μάθω: 1) υπάρχει η δυνατότητα για κάποιου είδους μετεκπαίδευση/fellowship/special interest μετά την ειδικότητα (π.χ. πάνω στην Ογκολογία ή Pain Medicine ή Alternative Medicine), 2) στην Ελλάδα ως τι αναγνωρίζεσαι με τίτλο GP(και ενδεχομένως υπότιτλο oncology-pain medicine etc.), δηλαδή μπορείς να δουλέψεις σε μια παθολογική κλινική, σε μια ογκολογική κλινική κτλ ή μονο κεντρα υγειας και private care? 3) GP με κάποιου είδους μετεκπαίδευση μπορεί να κάνει-για ένα διάστημα έστω- έρευνα, είτε σε Αγγλία, είτε USA είτε σε οποιαδήποτε άλλη ευρωπαική χώρα?, 4) έχω ακούσει ότι πολύ δύσκολα non-British citizen παίρνουν για GP, ισχύει? ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ   

----θα εκτιμούσα ιδιαιτέρως αν κάποιος GP είχε λίγο χρόνο να τα πούμε με π.μ., thanx!!

1. get into training first. 'Alternative medicine' does not follow the medical model. You don't need to be a doctor to offer this service...

2.Google the RC of GP. Call the greek authorities.

3.you don't understand how things work, and you barely know where you need/want to go....not a good place to be. Why do you want to do research? What is your field of interest? USA: visa restrictions, medical licencing issues. UK: Brexit, GMC, Rest Of EU : similar. How many languages do you speak?

4. The UK does not care where you are from. There are no IMGs quotas. Nobody wants to be a GP in the UK these days because of the flawed NHS business model (nothing to do with the practice/academic knowledge of medicine)

I don't think there are any GPs in here.

If you want to be a GP in Greece with a special interest in something I would suggest you:

get onto greek GP training

research the market value of your interests (pain is very different to homeopathy) in the area you actually want to practice in (greek city? rural?)

find some way to get accredited etc in whatever takes your fancy and is lucrative

forget research

focus on local networking

GP in the UK is not a good career atm

• 2 weeks later...

Γειά σε όλους,

Γνωρίζει κανείς αν η ειδικοτητα της βιοπαθολογιας αναγνωριζεται στο ΗΒ ή υπάρχει θέμα λόγω της πολυθεματικης άσκησης εδω; έχει κανένας προσωπική εμπειρία; ευχαριστώ για τον χρόνο σας 

• 3 weeks later...

Καλησπέρα! Θα ήθελα να ρωτήσω αν έχω ένα κενό στο cv δύο χρόνων μετά το πτυχίο χώρις κάτι κλινικό, μόνο δουλειά εκτός ιατρικής και διάβασμα usmle είναι αποτρεπτικό για ψυχιατρική; Αν κάνω αγροτικό και ψάξω για FY1 ή FY2 έχω καθόλου πιθανότητες;

προσωπικά δε το γνωρίζψ καθολου τι παιζει με τα βιογραφικά στην αγγλία.ξέρω όμως ότι αν κανεις αγροτικο δικαιούσαι να μπεις κατευθειαν στην ειδικοτητα της ψυχιατρικης και να μην αναλωθείς στα f1 και f2.ας με διορθώσει κάποιος αν το λέω λάθος.

Ευχαριστώ για την απάντηση! Το ξέρω απλά σκεφτόμουν οτι θα είναι δύσκολο να σταθώ κατευθείαν στην ειδικότητα σε ένα σύστημα που δεν ξέρω καθόλου

τι να σου πω.κι εγω ακριβώς το ίδιο με εσένα πιστεύω.βρίσκομαι στη φάση που τελειώνω αγροτικό και ψαχνομαι για αγγλία και με πληροφόρησαν για κάτι τέτοιο.αλλα ουτε κι εγω θέλω να πάω κατευθειαν σε κορμο διοτι δεν εχω καθολου εμπειρία απο uk.πρωτα f1  ή f2.

You need to somehow explain any gaps in employment ie family commitments ,I was preparing for the USMLE(why didn't  you go to the US?) etc

If you can satisfy foundation  competencies apply to CT1 psych,Id say,how is it going to be easier to function as an FY2?You might end up starting with psych anyway!

Happy to help/advise anyone who is interested  in psych.

DOI Psychiatrist

δηλαδή να ρωτησω κάτι,αν δεν εχουμε καθολου εμπειρία απο uk και εχουμε ολοκληρωσει ενα χρονο ελλάδα (αγροτικό) πιστευεις ότι δε θα μας βοηθούσε πουθενα το f2?εστω κι ένα short term LAS f2?

Its a case of timing:

If you've missed the application  period for psych CT :consider LAS FY/Locum in psychiatry

If not, apply for both and aim for psych CT

If you've got GMC rego and actually  want to do psych, I can get you in touch with the lady who organises rotas in Leeds

Ευχαριστώ πολύ για την απαντησή σου! Το οτι μάζευα λεφτά και διάβαζα για τα usmle αλλά οικογενειακά ζητήματα, νέα μέλη, ασθένεια κοντινού προσώπου με έκαναν να αλλάξω γνώμη θα τους φανεί περίεργο πιστευείς; ουσιαστικά για μένα ειναι το plan B. Απλά σκεφτόμουν οτι σε χαμηλότερο επίπεδο θα υπάρχει κάποια περίοδος προσαρμογής και διάβαζα εδώ οτι χωρίς καθόλου NHS εμπειρία δεν μπορείς να σταθείς σε μια συνέντευξη για CT1 για αυτό σκεφτόμουν για FY1 η FY2 αν έχω πιθανότητες φυσικά και θα μου άρεσε να παω για CT1! ?

The NHS is really struggling- not enough doctors around wanting to do psych...

A good doctor, who speaks English has an excellent  chance of getting straight  into training.

Your  biggest concern should be Brexit :/

Ναι και αυτό με ανησυχεί αλλά για αυτό μόνο να περιμένουμε να δούμε τι ακριβώς θα γίνει μπορούμε. Ευχαριστώ πολύ πάντως για τις πληροφορίες και τώρα και σε όλο το θέμα!!