Ειδικότητα στην Μεγάλη Βρετανία

Σε εμας οι anatomy demonstrators διδασκαν μικρα γκρουπ φοιτητων πανω στο πτωμα και εκαναν και το dissection. Συμφωνω με την pas moi οτι ειναι πολυ καλη δουλεια για καποιον που θελει να κανει χειρουργικη και θυμαμαι οτι πριν απο 7-8 χρονια υπηρχε πολυς ανταγωνισμος για το ποιος θα παρει το anatomy demonstrator job. Μερικες απο αυτες τις δουλειες μπορει να περιλαμβανουν και γενικες χειρουργικες εφημεριες.

Μοιράσου σε άλλους δικτυακούς τόπους

bump. Κάνω quote το προηγούμενό μου post. Ελπίζω να το δει κάποιος που μπορεί να απαντήσει!

Καλησπέρα σε όλους.

Σε μερικούς μήνες τελείωνω Core Surgical Training year 1 και θα ήθελα να παρω μια βεβαίωση για να αναγνωρίσω ειδικότητα (γενικό μέρος χειρουργικής) στην Ελλάδα.

Μήπως έχει κανείς ένα πρότυπο που πέρασε με επιτυχία από το ΚΕΣΥ να το ανεβάσει στο forum;

Ξέρω ότι το θέμα έχει ήδη συζητηθεί και έχω ήδη διαβάσει τα χαρακτηριστικά που πρέπει να έχει η βεβαίωση για να εγκριθεί στην Ελλάδα, αλλά θα με διευκόλυνε πολύ να έχω ένα πρότυπο!

Σε ποιον πιστεύετε ότι πρέπει να απευθυνθώ (program director, educational supervisor, clinical supervisor); Επίσης πως πιστεύετε ότι πρέπει να εξηγήσω αυτό που θέλω;

Έχω την εντύπωση οτι μάλλον θα με δουν σαν εξωγήινο...

Thanks!

I' suggest you email medical staffing, keep it short and to the point, and ask them to give you a document stating whatever the requirements are.

Let them do the work.

...I've never had to do this myself though and I may be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Γεια σε ολους, διαβαζω το φορουμ αρκετα χρονια σαν επισκεπτης με μεγαλο ενδιαφερον. Προσφατα ομως επεσα πανω στο εξης προβλημα: ξεκινησα τη διαδικασια εγγραφης στο GMC, μαζεψα τα χαρτια που λεει το σαιτ κλπ αλλα οταν ηρθε η ωρα να τα στειλω μου ζητησαν κατι κουλο: employer reference (οχι γραμμα,οχι πιστοποιητικο τυπου Α, την προτυπη φορμα που εχουν θελουν συμπληρωμενη) για το στρατο απο τον employer μου! Να σημειωθει οτι εστειλα διευκρινιστικο mail λεγοντας οτι την περιοδο αυτη ημουν γραμμενος στον ιατρικο συλλογο Αθηνων (και στο site τους λενε οτι αν εισαι registered δεν χρειαζεται employer reference). Απαντησαν λεγοντας οτι ναι το θελουν και δεν εχει σημασια το αν ημουν στο συλλογο. Εχει βρεθει καποιος σε αντιστοιχη θεση?Του ζητησαν αυτα τα χαρτια? Να ξερω για να δω αν ειναι κατι που συμβαινει κανονικα η μονο σε εμενα. Ισως εκανα βλακεια που δηλωσα στρατο αλλα που να φανταστω! (Προφανως το να ψαχνω τους παλιους διοικητες μου δεν ειναι λυση, ουτε να πω οτι ειναι χαζη η υπαλληλος οπως μου λενε οσοι φιλοι πηρα τηλεφωνο στην Αγγλια-εγω το ξερω, αυτη δεν το ξερει και δε νομιζω να το παραδεχτει). Καθε βοηθεια εδω η με pm θα γινει δεκτη με ευγνωμοσυνη!

Eγω ειχα αυτο το προβλημα , αλλα μονο με δουλεια σε ιεκ, σαν καθηγητης, επειδη η δουλεια ηταν εκτος του αμιγως ιατρικου(κλινικου)εργου.

Οσο για το στρατο εστειλα το πιστοποιητικο εκπληρωσης της θητειας(οπου αναγραφει σαν ιατρος ανευ ειδικοτητας) μεταφρασμενο και φωτοτυπια πρωτοτυπου

,το οποιο(πρωτοτυπο) μαλιστα ζητησαν να προσκομισω στην συνεντευξη στο Λονδινο(ελεγχος ταυτοπροσωπιας)

Ευχαριστω για την πληροφορια! Ισχυει αυτο και για αλλους? Διευκρινιζω για την εγγραφη στο GMC, οπου δηλωνουμε τι καναμε τα τελευταια χρονια, οχι σε συνενευξεις κλπ. Ευχαριστω και παλι!

Q about life in the UK:

How long can I drive on a standard Greek driver's licence?

Do I need to take the UK driving test?

I've been here for 5 years,

sold my car 2 years ago, now I need to get a new one.

'Residents

A valid community licence issued on the strength of a driving test within the EC/EEA, will allow you to drive in GB for a set period. Alternatively, you can exchange your licence for a British licence.

Provided your licence remains valid you may drive in GB:

Car, motorcycle driving licence holders (ordinary driving licence):

until aged 70 or for three years after becoming resident, whichever is the longer period'

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/DrivingInGbOnAForeignLicence/DG_4022556

Are you currently driving gmits?

Dad had to change his when he was caught speed driving,so that they could add the points. At the time the rule was within 6/12 of driving in the uk (me thinks). He was driving with the gk one for yrs. He was not penalised for it. He did not have to resit the test or part of.

I suppose u've checked the dvla website...

I have...

Its a bit cryptic, or, I'm too slow...

Wicked, you're supposed to replace your Greek licence with a British one after 3 years of residency (or until you are 70 y/o, which I suspect is not the case for you, even though your writing does have the occasional geriatric undercurrents (just kidding, I'd vote for you any day)

More info here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/DrivingInGbOnAForeignLicence/DG_4022556

That being said, most of my friends who have been here longer than 3 years haven't even bothered with it and neither have I

I have...

Its a bit cryptic, or, I'm too slow...

Wicked, you're supposed to replace your Greek licence with a British one after 3 years of residency (or until you are 70 y/o, which I suspect is not the case for you, even though your writing does have the occasional geriatric undercurrents (just kidding, I'd vote for you any day)

More info here:

That being said, most of my friends who have been here longer than 3 years haven't even bothered with it and neither have I

I have only being driving for a few months in the UK but I am not going to bother with the driving licence... It's a European one and it's valid. In the worst of cases, if somehow they put pressure on you, you cannot exchange it, but I'm definetely certain that you don't need to sit their driving test. As Andreas can also testify the advantage of having a Greek driving licence is that they cannot add penalty points emcolgate . Take it easy wicked witch :)

Yup, that's the webpage...

I just needed it translated into 'girl speak', because sadly I am the personification of all the women drivers cliches :P

@anypostatos:I'm glad to hear that you are a fan despite my fondness for archaisms :)

Τροποποιήθηκε από Wicked Witch

Gmits, I am convinced that a certain degree of paranoia confers an evolutionary advantage.

I am not planning to go back to Greece any time soon, and I think I've read somewhere that driving offences have to be reported to the GMC .

I am not planing to take any risks if I can help it...

The following link aptly describes women's driving skills, and I say this speaking as woman driver:

Τροποποιήθηκε από Wicked Witch

Driving offences have to be reported to the GMC? This country has gone mad completely.... I suppose if you are caught speeding this must tell something about your character (!?!?!?!?) It's a historical paradox that communism was not applied in this country.

On the other hand I'm not planning to spend many more years in rainy UK... I have enough things to keep me occupied other than the driving licence...

In the US, if a physician is found to DUI (drive under the influence), then they get their licence taken away and their career is completely destroyed. On the spot, no GMC or State Medical Board involvement.

Τροποποιήθηκε από Ortho

Gmits, your devil may dare attitude is understandable in view of your personal career plans...

...but for the rest of us poor sods such reckless disregard for the consequences of the lack of common sense often exercised by regulating/ruling/governing bodies is inadvisable.

The Law is the last refuge of the scoundrel...

Its best to fly under the radar if you can...no one wants to be the test case if they can avoid it.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/ethical_guidance/reporting_convictions.asp

Πόσο κάνει για να το αλλάξεις?

Και πόσο καιρό κάνει για να σου έρθει το νέο.

Στα προτερήματα του αγγλικού, να προσθέσω ότι απέναντι στους καθυστερημένους του HR των νοσοκομείων κάνει τη ζωή σου πολύ πιο εύκολη...

Albou it usually doesn't take a lot to change your driving licence, but a friend of mine was unlucky, his papaerwork got lost and the whole process took him three months. Things like that also happen here I am afraid....

In the US, if a physician is found to DUI (drive under the influence), then they get their licence taken away and their career is completely destroyed. On the spot, no GMC or State Medical Board involvement.

Another good example of Protestant hypocricy of the heighest possible degree...

I have only being driving for a few months in the UK but I am not going to bother with the driving licence... It's a European one and it's valid. In the worst of cases, if somehow they put pressure on you, you cannot exchange it, but I'm definetely certain that you don't need to sit their driving test. As Andreas can also testify the advantage of having a Greek driving licence is that they cannot add penalty points emcolgate .

Lol. Guys the law says 3 or years or until you are 70 (whichever is the longer) so you defo DONT have to exchange it!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting for my 3 points to be put on the greek licence. mwhaaaaaa. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Τροποποιήθηκε από andreas

Guys the law says 3 or years or until you are 70 (whichever is the longer)

I thought I was misreading it...(!)

It's true then...their website is effectively saying that you DONT need to exchange it!

FFS!