Apple και σχετικά!!!

trivialx

emarup 2450 κάνει.... (χωρίς το airport κτλ κτλ κτλ)

Τότε τι βλακείες έλεγε το RAM???

ΥΓ: Δεν κοιμάσαι;;;

Μοιράσου σε άλλους δικτυακούς τόπους

• Απαντήσεις 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emarup ανάλογα το μοντέλο! ;)

ΥΓ. όχι! είδα Χελμπόυ και πορφυρά ποτάμια 2 :lol:

Ο Mini έχει αρχίσει να δελεάζει και μένα πάντως... πλήρης υπολογιστής μεγέθους παλιού κουτιού από μπισκότα!

.. και είναι και ο πιο συμβατός mac ever, με περιφερικά hardware..

emarup ...και ο πιο φτηνός

....και ο πιο μικρός

...είναι cute.

...και όπως είπε και ο Steve... τον φτιάξανε για να μην υπάρχει άλλη δικαιολογία για το switch.

λες?

:D

• 1 month later...

Ενδιαφερον αρθρακι που επιχειρει να απαντησει στο ερωτημα αν αξιζει να εγκαταστησει κανεις το Tiger.

Will Tiger Deliver Speed Improvements? Our Tests Reveal The Answer

“Once OS X 10.4 ships and gets into the hands of eager end-users there will be much talk about. The supposed 150+ new features are all over the OS. I say ‘supposed’ because even though I am discovering new features every day I’ve haven’t bothered to count them. There will be much to discuss when the product is installed on all those early-adopter Macs, for now lets talk about the new speed.”

Lisa Swanson

For me OS X 10.4 Tiger is the biggest and most successful operating system upgrade since OS X 10.0. It has changed the way I work, changing everything from my normal workflow to my standard OS preferences. Because of a glitch in the two-week old beta I decided last Monday to reinstall Panther, after 24 hours of Panther I installed Tiger once again. The inferior Panther was worse in some areas than the beta Tiger, making Tiger the preferable OS for me, even in its beta stage.

Speed is more than a drug

When I did reinstall Panther I did one of those “Archive and Install” installs, where Tiger was completely removed and ditched into a Folder called “Previous Systems.” The most immediate effect on my new 17” PowerBook (2005 model) was a slowdown the likes of which alarmed me.

Thinking that some remnant of Tiger remained in the works and was mucking things up I decided to wipe the drive and use the DVD’s that came with the PowerBook and start all over again. After several hours of reinstalling my primary applications my PowerBook was still annoyingly slow.

Perception?

Had my PowerBook actually slowed down or was it just because I had been running Tiger for a couple of weeks? I decided to find out.

Lisa and Dianna’s big adventure

Dianna also owns a 17” PowerBook. Same model, same RAM, same hard drive. She volunteered to assist me in my speed comparison. She too completely erased her hard drive and installed Panther from the Installation DVD that came with her PowerBook. Both us took the time to bring all the elements of the OS up-to-date. For testing purposes we decided to only install our primary application suite, Adobe Creative Suite 1.3.

Once our systems were up-to-date we ran some basic speed tests; launching apps, performing searches, transferring files to an external drive, moving files over the network, and surfing the web with Safari. Our tests revealed that all was well with both PowerBooks.

Dianna thought the complete reinstall sped up her PowerBook considerably. She was delighted with the results and was happy she volunteered. I perceived a slowdown; my PowerBook seemed sluggish. The problem was both PowerBook performed nearly identical, 99.99% identical. Clearly my perceptions of a sluggish PowerBook had everything to do with running Tiger for a while.

The tests we ran we the same as what we did when we had clean installs of Panther. Since we don’t have sophisticated testing software and hardware like MacWorld or MacAddict we knew that these tests would serve as non-scientific tests, and we didn’t really plan on publishing the results. In fact, what I was really after was finding out if I was playing some kind of mind game with myself, only perceiving a speed increase when in reality there was none.

Surprise – I’m not crazy

Both PowerBooks we placed side by side, about 15 feet from the Airport Extreme Base Station. I was receiving 4 bars of signal; Dianna was getting 3. When Panther was on both systems the signal strength was identical, 3 bars of signal. During the 2 hours of tests my signal strength remained a full 4 bars.

Surfing with Safari

Apple has been talking about the new features in Safari as though the only thing worth talking about was the new RSS capabilities. Seems to me they should be talking about a faster Safari; RSS has limited appeal to many of us.

On test after test, making sure to clear History, Cache, and other things that could affect the tests, Safari in Tiger is nearly 200% faster. I know what you’re thinking here; not possible. A fluke. But, I can assure you, accessing websites near and far; Safari in Tiger served up completed pages, graphics heavy pages, twice as fast, every single time.

Some sites, like Apple.com, our own site, MacSurfer, PhotoSIG, and others were so fast I thought I was accessing cached pages. However, every time we went to a new site we made sure that Safari was cleared of all cache on both PowerBooks. After this, our first test, Dianna was beginning to understand that Panther was sluggish; or rather that Tiger was a speed demon the likes of which we haven’t seen since OS 9.2.

Launching Apps

Most apps launched much faster on Tiger than Panther. Some were the same, and a few were actually slower. Overall, applications launched faster on Tiger. iPhoto 5, however, while sluggish on both systems, was slightly slower on Tiger. That said, the second launch of iPhoto 5 on Tiger was much faster than the second launch on Panther.

Mail was nearly twice as fast on Tiger, as was Address Book, iChatAV, Airport Admin Utility, and even new Finder windows. Adobe Creative Suite was also faster, nearly three times faster from the moment you click the icon on the Dock to a completed launch. Illustrator was the fastest to launch, Acrobat 7 the slowest, but still faster on Tiger than Panther.

Mail was surprising. Not only has Apple completely revamped this mail client with so many new features you could do an entire review of Mail alone, they sped up every aspect of it that it now has reached the performance level of Entourage, without all the crap that Entourage brings to a mail client.

Moving Around

Apple has made navigating the OS so precise and so fast that your productivity can go nowhere but up. The number of options available to make your work or play faster is quite literally amazing. Contextual menus have been expanded so that nearly everything you might want to do can be done with one or two clicks.

On Panther, when you want to find something on your drive you use the command+F combo and type in what you are looking for. While this works well, it is, by comparison, slow as molasses. It is also limited, it cannot find documents you want that contain a certain word, for instance. Spotlight makes Panther’s method look downright painful. Finding things on your hard drive is not only more precise but at least 5 times faster. For our tests we did a simple find, using the name of a document both of us had on the drive, in the same location. The Panther Find found the document is 3.5 seconds, Spotlight found it in less than one second.

Transferring files to an attached FireWire drive was also much faster with Tiger. We archived the folder called Photoshop CS and dragged it to a Maxtor One-Touch II that we both had attached to the PowerBooks. My transfer completed 4 seconds sooner than Dianna’s. Repeating the test had the same result.

Transferring files across the network was only slighter faster with Tiger. I have a feeling this is due to Airport itself rather than the OS. Still, when transferring a 200MB file Tiger was 11 seconds faster than Panther.

Bottom Line

I certainly expected Tiger to be faster than Panther on the G5 Macs. After all a lot of people are talking about the 64-bit architecture of Tiger and the 64-bit processor of the G5. Some are saying that until third party applications are built to take advantage of the 64-bit OS there will be no speed increase. Clearly this is not so, even our G4 processors are seeing remarkable speed increases across the board.

I suppose you can judge the amount of speed increase in Tiger by my own annoyance of Panther. If I was unhappy enough with the performance of Panther that I went back to a Tiger beta it says a lot about the new OS. I am not the kind of person that enjoys using beta software, mostly because the glitches in beta software can be unexpected and hinder my work. I installed Tiger thinking I would run it for a day or two and then go back to Panther. Instead, I kept it on the PowerBook and only moved back to Panther due to a glitch that wouldn’t allow me to run a shareware app I use daily. I went back to Tiger because of the speed, period.

Hopefully Apple will announce a ship date for Tiger soon, perhaps even as early as today. While I could spend an entire week writing about all the new features in Tiger, and will do so once it ships, I wanted to make sure that readers know one of the aspects few people are talking about is the new level of speed that Tiger will bring to every Mac capable of running it.

Apple is telling its customers that features like Spotlight and Dashboard are at the heart of Tiger, but once you have it you will be discovering new features for days. And, speed is going to be one of those bonus features that will put a huge smile on your face.

Without a doubt, that $129 you are about to spend on Tiger will be the best $129 you’ll spend this year.

Lisa Swanson  (macnet2.com)

• 2 weeks later...

14 days until Tiger is available - Friday, April 29.

The world's most advanced operating system now puts even more power at your fingertips.

tigerteaserunleashed2005041.jpg

tigerteaserspotlight2005041.jpgindexfeature20050412.jpg

tigerteaserdashboard2005041.jpgindexdashboard20050412.jpg

indextop20050412.jpgindextop20050412.jpgindextop20050412.jpgindextop20050412.jpgindextop20050412.jpg...and 150 more..

Tiger

• 3 weeks later...

cp_top_pmg5_20050426.jpg

emrockon:wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...

20041206-700.jpg

:)

Παραθέτω και μερικά για τον Dual 2.7GHz PowerPC G5 1.35GHz frontside bus/processor.

Όπου και να διάβασα στο νετ ..σκουπίζω σάλια από την οθόνη.

Μερικά (πολύ λίγα) αποσπάσματα... :)

photoshop20050427.jpgrenderingsd20050427.jpg

lightwave20050427.jpgaftereffects20050427.jpg

audio20050427.jpgbbs20050427.jpg

:wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Έψαξα και βρήκα το topic Apple!!!

To hardware profiler μου περιγράφει:

- iBook G3 500MHz 12", 576MB, 10GB, macos 10.3.9

- iMac G4 700MHz 15", 1GB, 40GB, BT, DVD-R Pioneer 109, macos 10.4.1

- iBook G4 14", 1GHz, 1,128GB, 60GB, airport extr, BT, macos 10.4.1

- 160GB LaCie by Porche firewire

- 80GB LaCie by Porche usb2.0

- 120GB Maxtor DV+ firewire

- Base Apple airport extreme (55MBs)

- Apple keyboard BT

- Apple mouse BT

- Harman Kardon subwoofer (usb)

- Creative iTrigue 3100 (2.1)

- iPod 5GB

- Software: iWork (Pages, Keynote), MS Office 2k4, iLife05 etc etc

B)

Μαc user από καιρό... έχω επενδύσει/χάσει αρκετό χρόνο και πάθος σε αυτά τα θαυμάσια μηχανήματα... Αν μπορώ να βοηθήσω σε κάτι, here I am :)

PS

Can you think different? :D

Welcome ioan!!!!

:D Καλώς ήρθες στο φόρουμ..εντυπωσιακά!!!

Μακάς που ακούει και καλή μουσική (αυτό είναι από το άλλο τόπικ).! Εύγε!!

Θαυμαστό το προφίλ σου.

Τελικά όσοι μπλέκουν με τα μήλα ..δεν φτάνει ποτέ μόνο ένα. Έχω αρχίσει να το νοιώθω λέεεμε..

Thanks! :)

Θα ήθελα να επισημάνω δύο σελίδες από το site της Apple US:

http://www.apple.com/education/hed/adc/pro...es/medical.html

Περιέχει ορισμένες ιδέες και προτάσεις για τη χρήση mac σε ιατρικό επίπεδο.

http://www.apple.com/switch/

Παρουσιάζει τη λογική του switcher, δηλαδή του περάσματος από τον κόσμο της Microsoft (και άρα pc) στον κόσμο της Apple.

To επίσημο site της Apple GR λέγεται http://www.rainbow.gr γιατί το apple.gr το είχε ήδη αγοράσει μιά εταιρία με εσώρουχα :rolleyes: Από αυτό:

http://www.rainbow.gr/markets/doctors.html

Πρέπει να υπογραμμίσω πως η rainbow είναι, κατά τη γνώμη μου, χαμηλού επιπέδου, εξαιτίας της μονοπωλιακής πολιτικής που εξασκεί στην Ελλάδα. Το να είσαι αποκλειστικός αντιπρόσωπος δεν είναι πάντοτε ό,τι καλύτερο. Ευτυχώς όμως τώρα τελευταία αυτός ο περιορισμός ξεπερνιέται, με το άνοιγμα της αγοράς και το internet. Για παράδειγμα παρουσιάζουν το patch με την Ελληνική ως αποκλειστικότητα, δίχως εναλλακτική λύση. Αν θέλεις Ελλήνικά θα πρέπει να το πάρεις από αυτούς, πράγμα το οποίο δεν ισχύει. Ο ανταγωνισμός όχι μόνο υπάρχει, μα είναι και free http://www.magician.gr/thrilos/grx/

Tελos υπάρχει και το http://www.helmug.gr/ με Έλληνες ενθουσιώδεις του mac.

Αυτά για να συνεχίσουμε τη συζήτηση για τα μηχανήματα της Apple, που δεν είναι μόνο δύναμη, μα και ουσία. Το ίδιο ισχύει και για το κόστος. Δεν είναι πανάκριβα (αγνοώντας τις μονοπολιακές τιμές της rainbow, μιάς και το κάθε mac μπορεί να είναι εξελληνισμένο δίχως περιττά έξοδα).

Θα ήταν καλό να ξέρει κανείς πως computer δεν είναι συνώνυμο microsoft, ούτε και pc. Mπορεί να είναι mac και Apple. H' και linux (αν και linux πάει παντού ακόμα και σε τηλεχειριστήριο τηλεόρασης :D )

ρε παιδιά....

αν και αυτό που θα σας δείξω, υπάρχει από τον Γενάρη και πιθανώς να το έχετε δει....

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20050114A7040.html

μήπως ο Jobs να το κάνει την Δευτέρα; Ε; Ε; ΛΕΣ; :Dempleaseembaaa

Tα καινούργια iBook και mini Μac είναι πλέον απαραίτητα και σίγουρα, για την κάρτα γραφικών κυρίως.

Κατά πάσα πιθανότητα θα πρέπει να είναι μιά ΑΤΙ Radeon 9600. Πριν από αυτή δεν υπάρχει υποστήριξη hardware στο καινούργιο Quartz2DExtreme του macos 10.4, ενώ το Quartz3DExtreme στηρίζεται στην κάρτα γραφικών από την ATI Rage κα πάνω (δίχως αυτήν). To Quartz2DExtreme περνάει το βάρος όλο του GUI στο chipset της κάρτας γραφικών, απελευθερώνοντας τη CPU κατά το 30%. Διαφορετικά παραμένει στη CPU, όπως στο macos 10.3. Το κέρδος είναι η πλήρη εκμετάλλευση του hardware και η ακόμα μεγαλύτερη ταχύτητα. Το macos 10.4 έρχεται με αυτή τη δυνατότητα default deactivated. Αρκεί να γράψει κάνεις στο terminal: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver \Quartz2DExtremeEnabled -boolean YES

Πολλοί υποστηρίζουν πως έχουν αποτελέσματα ακόμα και σε chipset χωρίς υποστήριξη. Μα η αλήθεια είναι πως θέλει ATI Radeon 9600 ή καλύτερη. Αλλιώς δεν έχει αποτέλεσμα.

Άρα καινουργια iBook και mini Mac είναι σίγουρα ύπο αναμονή.

Η λειτουργικότητα του Spotlight (άμεση εύρεση των file) ευνοεί τη χρήση hard disk μεγαλύτερων και γρηγορότερων (τουλάχιστον 5400rpm).

Όσο για τη CPU... o G5 θα μπεί πρώτα στο PowerBook, μετά στο iBook. Άρα μάλλον θα παραμείνει iBook G4. To mini Mac είναι νέα γραμμή, οπότε δεν έχει διαδόχους ούτε και προγόνους. Μάλλον θα μείνει G4, αλλιώς θα κάνει ανταγωνισμό στο PowerMac.

H κάρτα Airport Extreme, μάλλον θα είναι πλέον default και όχι extra. To BlueTooth όμως; Όπως και η ram στα 512ΜΒ... Ενώ το κόστος θα μείνει ίδιο!!!

Όπως και να?χει, θα βγουν τα καινούργια model από στιγμή σε στιγμή. Δεν αξίζει να πάρει κανείς τώρα iBook ή mini Mac, κυρίως για την ανανέωση των γραφικών. Μα και για το πλουσιότερο hardware που αγοράζει με τα ίδια χρήματα.

Εννοείται πως η ΑΤΙ Radeon 9600 θα είναι και η τελευταία κάρτα σε AGP. Για να βρεί κανείς κάτι καλύτερο θα πρέπει να περάσει σε PCI Express (όπως στον PowerMac G5).

Ένας μικρός οδηγός αγοράς: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

PC World names Apple's Mac OS X Tiger 'Best Operating System"

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 01:34 PM EST

PC World today announced the winners of its annual World Class Awards. The "100 Best Products of 2005" in the July issue features the finest products and services of the last year, from advanced digital cameras to workgroup printers, from ACDSee 7 to ZoneAlarm Antivirus.

This year's list of World Class winners is unique in that it contains a wider range of products for work, home, and everywhere in between. The editors' picks reflect the changing world of technology, with revolutionary products in various categories, such as ultraportable notebooks, handheld gaming devices, HDTV, and satellite radio. The 2005 Product of the Year is Mozilla Firefox, in the Web browser category. Editors noted, "This open-source program is streamlined, customizable, and just plain better [than the competition]. No wonder it has attracted millions of users in just a few months."

The complete list of ranked winners follows; editors made their selections based on exemplary design, features, performance, innovation, and price. The honorees were selected after editors reviewed hundreds of products, including those that have appeared in the magazine over the last 12 months.

Apple Computer, Inc. scored in PC World's 2005 World Class Award Winners in the following categories:

Operating System: Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

Media Player: Apple iTunes

Small PC: Apple Mac mini

Database: FileMaker Pro 7

Music Downloads: Apple iTunes Music Store

Large Capacity MP3 Player: Apple iPod photo

PC World names Apple's Mac OS X Tiger 'Best Operating System"

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 01:34 PM EST

Apple Computer, Inc. scored in PC World's 2005 World Class Award Winners in the following categories:

Operating System: Apple Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

Media Player: Apple iTunes

Small PC: Apple Mac mini

Database: FileMaker Pro 7

Music Downloads: Apple iTunes Music Store

Large Capacity MP3 Player: Apple iPod photo

mini Mac --> ήδη αρχίζουν οι κλώνοι της Intel με την υποστήριξη Microsoft

23_minipc_f.jpg

άνοιξε δρόμους νέους και φανταστικούς. Δε μπορεί να το αντιγράψει κανείς εύκολα

indextop20050111.jpg

iTunes --> ακόμα και οι winzoz users το ξέρουν πιά http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Όσο για το filemaker, θεωρείται πολύ καλύτερο από το MS Access

http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/fm_..._comparison.pdf

:)

Μετά και την σημερινή μου βόλτα στα απανταχού σοβαρά μακάδικα site, βγάζω το συμπέρασμα ότι περάσαμε στην φάση της νιναιμίας λίγο μετά την βροχή και πριν την καταιγίδα που όλοι ελπίζουμε ότι θα έρθει την Δευτέρα.

Τα παιδιά έχουν σταματήσει να κάνουνε προβλέψεις, και όλοι περιμένουν τον τύπο με το πονηρό χαμόγελο να ανέβει το stage.

Ελπίζουμε η τεράστια κίνηση να έχει προβλεφθεί και να μπορούμε να δούμε αξιοπρεπώς με την ταπεινή 512.

header_index050405.jpg

Προσωπικά πιστεύω πως linux είναι ο μόνος ικανός ανταγωνιστής του macosx. Aξίζει τον κόπο να σκεφτεί κανείς αν είναι εύκολο όμως...

Funny animation switch to linux

:D

θέλει macromedia flash player (εννοείται free) από http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

Προσωπικά πιστεύω πως linux είναι ο μόνος ικανός ανταγωνιστής του macosx.

Το linux δεν μπορεί να είναι ανταγωνιστής του OSX γιατί είναι ίδια μάρκα (unix) αλλά διαφορετικά κυβικά. Το linux πάρτο φτιάχτο μόνο σου μέχρι όπου φτάνεις (τα έτοιμα πολύ φτωχά), ενώ με το OSX είναι σαν το linux να το έχουν πειράξει χιλιάδες ειδικοί (οι άνθρωποι της apple δηλαδή).

Με λίγα λόγια το OSX είναι το linux σε πολλά χρόνια και μετά την συνδρομή πολλών ειδικών που γνωρίζουν να γράφουν στο unix πολύ καλά.

i.e. Μπορεί η A140 να ανταγωνιστεί την SLR ????

;):)

Versione sistema: Mac OS X 10.4.1 (8B15)

Versione kernel: Darwin 8.1.0

Το τέλειο macosx!!! Με απλά λόγια http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Λίγο πιό σοβαρά http://developer.apple.com/macosx/

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ η linux version με πιό μεγάλη επιτυχία τώρα τελευταία

http://www1.mandrivalinux.com/en/ η πρώην mandrake με αρκετή συνέχεια και προσπάθεια

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ αφιερωμένη distro για τα mac (μόνο PPC, όχι x86, μόνο mac δηλαδή) *

http://fedora.redhat.com/ με μεγάλη τεχνική παρακολούθηση

http://byzgl.sourceforge.net/ και μιά Ελληνική

http://www.freebsd.org/ ό,τι πιό κοντά στο macosx (σχετικά πάντωτε) *

http://www.knoppix.com/ είναι μια distribution που τρέχει από cd/dvd χωρίς να γράφει τίποτα στον σκληρό. Αν θέλει να τη δοκιμάσει κανείς χωρίς να κάνει ζημιές.

Δε βάζω link για τη microsoft... είναι πλέον γνωστό.

Τώρα μιά ματιά αρκεί για να πείσει πως το macosx αυτή τη στιγμή είναι ό,τι καλύτερο υπάρχει σε operating system.

ΥΓ

http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/gr/m/intro/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

designclutter20050427.jpg

Aς αφήσουμε τις καθαρά καλλιτεχνικές διαφορές... Το PowerMac G5 είναι με 2 CPU και με liquid cooling (όχι ανεμιστηράκια)!!!

Λοιπόν; Δεν αξίζει τον κόπο;

emarupemranting:(emaitsembombemboxedembrokenheartemcryemcrybabyemcryemcrybabyemdownemdribbleemdroolemelaelaemermm

νταξ... άλλη μια τέτοια φωτογραφία να βάλεις, απλα σου υπόσχομαι να λάβω πολύ σοβαρά υπόψη το ενδεχόμενο να γίνεις αμέσως μπαν!!!!!! :P:P:P

εκτός και αν μου δώσεις τα €5,000+ που θέλω για να το αγοράσω μαζί με την 30 cinema display..... :D:D:D

αααααααααααααχ...... και δε μου έφτανε ο πονοκέφαλος που μου έχει σπάσει το κεφάλι από το μεσημέρι..... emcat

Archived