Neuroanatomy, a word of farewell

cdpas

Dear all,

Please be informed that I am no longer affiliated with the University of Crete. I have returned “home”. It is with sadness that “home” to me is Yale, as it never felt that way in Crete. I could only blame my rigid self for not being capable to “adjust” to the “sacrifices” it entails working in our University and the Greek Academia in general, and believe me they are way too many…some, you don’t want to know…

I whole heartedly thank you for tolerating my idiosyncrasy, and for making those years in the Medical School worth spending, for I can hardly think of another worthy reason. I took every effort – or so I think - to treat my students and associates courteously and with respect, free from bias or self-interest or favoritism. Yet, you have my sincere apologies if with my words or attitude or actions I did hurt you in any way.

Best of luck to you all! Don’t let them bring you down…

Μοιράσου σε άλλους δικτυακούς τόπους

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come back!!!!!!!!! Pleeeaaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!!!! Μην το κάνετε αυτό και εσείς.... :( Με ποιους θα ξεμείνουμε εδώ κάτω;;; Τόσο χάλια είναι πια η greek academia?????? emconfused

Κρίμα για τα μικρότερα έτη... Και βέβαια δε θα καταλάβουν ποτέ τι χάσανε... Και όχι μόνο όσον αφορά τη δική σας αποχώρηση, αλλά και άλλες... Συγχαρητήρια σε αυτούς που ευθύνονται για ό,τι είναι που -όπως φαίνεται- διώχνει όσους αξίζουν....:angry: Πάει το Harvard της Μεσογείου... Το χάνουμε...emhelpmeembyebye

Δεν ξέρω πόσο άσχημη είναι εκ των έσω η κατάσταση, ούτε πόσο καλά το σκεφτήκατε να φύγετε, πάντως το να χάνει η σχολή κάθε χρόνο κι από έναν από τους καθηγητές που αξίζουν μας πάει απ' το κακό στο χειρότερο και μας στερεί κάθε ελπίδα να γίνει καλύτερη η σχολή (ή έστω να κρατηθεί εκεί που είναι... ή ήταν μέχρι πριν 2-3 χρόνια)...

Farewell...

Δίκιο έχει ο άνθρωπος. Κι εγώ με τα ίδια συναισθήματα (τηρουμένων των αναλογιών, φυσικά)

είχα φύγει από το νησί...Στο λιμάνι έψαχνα να βρω μαύρη πέτρα...

emconfused

Archived