Τι χρειάζεται για να κάνει κανείς πλαστική χειρουργική στην Αγγλία

Αγαπημένα μου παιδιά, ξέρω ότι δε γράφω και πολύ συχνά (πόσο μάλλον να ξεκινήσω νέο τόπικ), αλλά όταν πέφτω σε τέτοια "διαμάντια" δεν μπορώ να αντισταθώ.

Παρέκβαση: Ως γνωστόν, 2-3 πράγματα αξίζουν στην Αγγλία: μετά το 2 for 1 στις pub και τα σουπερμάρκετ που είναι ανοιχτά 24 ώρες το 24ωρο θα έβαζα το British Medical Association, που αξίζει να γίνει κανείς μέλος με το καλημέρα μόνο και μόνο γιατί είμαστε Έλληνες, ο συνδικαλισμός είναι στο αίμα μας, θυμίζει ΟΕΝΓΕ κλπ κλπ κλπ.

Ιδού λοιπόν το άρθρο από το BMA News, το συνδικαλιστικό τους περιοδικό που σου έρχεται μαζί με το BMJ, που διάβασα σήμερα το πρωί:

http://web2.bma.org....n&C=22+May+2010

BMA News

Live healthy: Goodbye to all that

Section: Live healthy

Issue: 22 May 2010

Before and after

By Adil Khan

During the past four years, on the way up the surgical training ladder, I felt I had lost touch with myself.

I had accumulated all the curricular requirements and ticked all the boxes to progress professionally but spent no time taking care of my health.

The pace of my rigorous social life in the city also meant that I had little ‘me’ time and I didn’t realise how my drive to excel in my work and socially had taken its toll on my body.

At the age of 29, my morbid obesity made me look more than 40. My stress levels were always high and the increase in my waistline from 32in to 44in by this age reflected my unhealthy eating habits.

Blessing in disguise

I am single and have always worked in big city hospitals. So, when I was moved to the UHNS (University Hospital of North Staffordshire) NHS Trust in Stoke-on-Trent 18 months ago, I was not very flattered. However, I didn’t realise what a blessing in disguise this was going to be.

Life takes on a new meaning when you are away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Working hours are similar across NHS trusts but for 30 per cent of the rent that I paid in London, I could enjoy a two-bedroom penthouse in Newcastle-under-Lyme, with a 24-hour in-house pool and gym.

This encouraged me to embark on a self-coordinated fitness programme, which initially comprised of 30 minutes of swimming three times a week alternating with days of 30-minute brisk walks. My quality of life improved suddenly.

Quick, healthy meals

After work and exercise, I had time to sit on my balcony and watch the sun set across the Lyme Valley and on weekends I went to farms and picked berries or went to local markets and bought fresh organic food. I cut out all take-away meals from my diet and looked up easy-to-make recipes on the internet to prepare quick, healthy meals.

Realising that 3,500 calories is roughly equivalent to 0.5kg of body weight, I aimed to cut 500 calories from my daily diet intake and lose another 500 calories a day by exercise.

Owing to the shift system for junior doctors in the NHS, I had to sacrifice my exercise regime on days when I was on call, but I made up for lost time on weekends by cycling along country roads and exploring new territories.

This enabled me to lose around 0.7kg (1.5lb) to 0.9kg (2lb) of body weight per week.

Feeling elated

The mental relaxation, healthy eating and weight loss became a cycle of encouragement and I gradually increased the time I devoted to swimming and exercise.

My colleagues commented on how fresh I looked and how elated my spirits were at work.

The people that live here are extremely friendly and I soon made friends. Three to four free evenings per week also encouraged me to undertake a master’s degree in medical education at Keele University, which I thoroughly enjoyed. A healthy diet and regular exercise also enabled me to be more productive in my academic pursuits.

A different person

In the past nine months, I have shed more than 32kg (five stone) in body weight and been promoted to a registrar post in plastic surgery at UHNS NHS Trust. Despite the significant weight loss, the exercise prevented any skin laxity.

I feel like a different person and certainly look like one, too.

Initially I had to make the effort to buy healthy food and to find the time to exercise, but I surprise myself daily as now I look forward to my exercise regime and feel more energetic and enthusiastic at work.

Life certainly seems to have taken on a new meaning and, no matter how busy or stressed I get, I find solace in exercise and healthy eating.

Adil Khan is a specialty trainee 3 LAT in plastic surgery in Stoke-on-Trent

Email the editor with your account of your efforts to lead a healthier life and to join the Live Healthy database.

Το καλό με τα νετbook είναι το γνωστό Bed, Bus, Bathroom, και όντας στην τρίτη κατηγορία και πάνω στο σφίξιμο αποφάσισα να μάθω πόσα χρονάκια του πήρε του Adil να βρει θέση Registrar πλαστικής χειρουργικής, για να κάνουμε όλοι εμείς τα πλάνα μας. GMC, list of Medical Practitioners, και η εκδίκηση του Πακιστανού μας έφαγε αφού υπάρχουν 5 από δαύτους (Adil Khan).

GMC Reference Number Given Names Surname Gender Status Year of Qualification

6078093 Adil Aziz Khan Man Not Registered – Expired Registration 2001

6044955 Adil Haroon Khan Man Registered with a licence to practise 2000

4325538Adil Yousaf Khan Man Registered with a licence to practise 1996

2303231 Mohamed Adiluzzaman Khan Man Not Registered - Deceased 1976

6070090 Muhammed Adil Abbas Khan Man Registered with a licence to practise

This doctor has been given a warning 2000

Αποκλειοντας "εύλογα" τους 2 (ένας πεθαμένος κι ένας διαγραμμένος), μένουν 3... Και ένας έχει και warning! Πρώτη φορά το βλέπω αυτό στη λίστα του GMC ομολογουμένως, οπότε κλικ κλικ και ιδού:

Primary Medical Qualification MB BS 2000 Aga Khan University

Status Registered with a licence to practise

This doctor has been given a warning

The doctor has received the following warnings

From To Warning

15 Jul 2009 14 Jul 2014 In the period 2004-2007 Dr Khan submitted CVs to two Trusts and a Deanery. These contained discrepancies and inaccuracies about his experience and qualifications and about his role in the authorship of research articles. This behaviour does not meet with the standards required of a doctor. It risks bringing the profession into disrepute and it must not be repeated. The required standards are set out in Good Medical Practice and associated guidance. In this case, paragraph 65 of Good Medical Practice is particularly relevant: ‘You must do your best to make sure that any documents you write or sign are not false or misleading. This means that you must take reasonable steps to verify the information in the documents, and that you must not deliberately leave out relevant information’. Whilst this failing in itself is not so serious as to require any restriction on Dr Khan’s registration, it is necessary in response, to issue this formal warning.Details

(Το πανεπιστήμιο του Αγά είναι ιδιωτικό πανεπιστήμιο στο Πακιστάν)

Παρότι υπήρχε μια βεβαιότητα ότι αυτός ήταν ο δικός μας άνθρωπος, η επιβεβαίωση δε βλάπτει ποτέ και επειδή google is your friend και το Scholar επίσης, ο Αντίλ δημοσίευσε με το πλήρες του όνομα και το νοσοκομείο όπου προάγει την επιστήμη ένα case report για το Integra: Muhammad Adil Abbas Khan, Elizabeth Chipp, Joseph Hardwicke, Karthik Srinivasan, Simon Shaw, Sukh Rayatt, The use of Dermal Regeneration Template (Integra®) for reconstruction of a large full-thickness scalp and calvarial defect with exposed dura, Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 23 March 2010, ISSN 1748-6815, DOI: 10.1016/j.bjps.2010.03.017. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B7XNJ-4YNT94J-5/2/389a83718fc501c53ae96e717c4dfd92)

Ένας άλλος κόσμος είναι εφικτός! Το ατυχές βέβαια είναι ότι το success story του δικού μας ανθρώπου (λίγο μούφα, λίγο απατεωνιά, λίγο "λιώσαμε γιατί σταμάτησε να στέλνει η μαμά τάπερ", σίγουρα έχει ελληνικές ρίζες!) ήρθε 10 χρόνια μετά το πτυχίο, και ακόμα δεν έχει πάρει κανονικό "νούμερο" - αλλά το προσπαθεί κάνοντας tick all the boxes!

Και στα δικά σας!

ΥΓ: Το παραπάνω κείμενο σε καμία περίπτωση δεν αποτελεί σύσταση παραβίασης των GMC Duties of a Doctor ή άλλων επαγγελματικών και ηθικών κανόνων, ούτε όμως και μομφή προς όσους το κάνουν (και είτε τους πιάνουν - λχ Adil - είτε όχι). Είναι 100% αληθινό όμως!

Μοιράσου σε άλλους δικτυακούς τόπους

tick the boxes broooo, TICK THE BOXES!!!!

istockphoto_8599249-just-tick-any-box.jpg

Το LAT δε σημαινει τιποτα σπουδαιο, ενω αντιθετως το να παρεις training number ειναι τρομερα δυσκολο.

Αν ομως εχεις πολλα προσοντα, δηλαδη ερευνα, δημοσιευσεις,MSc,PhD/MD,παρουσιασεις σε συνεδρια κτλ τοτε τιποτα δεν ειναι αδυνατο.

Επισης ας μην ξεχναμε οτι plastic surgery και neurosurgery training numbers ειναι πραγματα που ακομα και οι αγγλοι που εχουν σπουδασει Αγγλια απλως τα ονειρευονται οπως ονειρευονται να κερδισουν τα euromillions... ;)

Archived